Thursday, March 17, 2011

1.1 is out


I did a pretty substantial overhaul and rework for this.  Many late-late nights.   It coincided well with my neck surgery because I have not needed as much sleep since I am only training light, and I am a frigging coding-machine on pain meds.  However,  in a week I start a new job and ease back into training so the feature updates will be more incremental and less jam-packed.  One tends to forget as the author of an app, people are not waiting with baited breath for each new release :)

Shortly, what is in:
  • Multiple sets
  • Merged the Find PR with Track Progress -> Now shown as Show Training
  • The filtering to see your favorite lifters/exercises is done in here.
  • I reworked the 'Back' button so you always go back to a specific calling page, NOT the breadcrumb approach.   This gives it an app feel,  not a web-site feel. 
  • Changed the transitions so they are faster and not so annoying.   Normal forward navigation should just appear,  when you hit the 'back' button you will see the page slide backwards.  Option screens 'pop'.  Really, this is a consistency thing,  not a feature,  but it really speeds things up on mobiles.
  • You can now 'drill into' a log entry.  If it is yours,  you can delete it.   

Now,  I have a list of feature requests,  things I know need to be touched up,  and some stuff I want to put in to help me with the administration of the site and to see how people are using it.  I will throw these out here.
Feedback, suggestions, a plea for some really-needed feature is all welcome.   Just post here or send me an email.

  • enable PR/Volume filter
  • allow notes on log entry
  • allow choosing favorites exercises from Record Lift and Show Training
  • allow choosing favorite lifters from Show Training
  • clear lists and show loading icons on show training
  • speciality bars, a few more exercise variations (Sumo deadlift for example)
  • pounds/kilos
  • Datepicker
  • paging in show training
  • recalculate prs on delete -> need chron job
  • meet lifts
  • Edit
  • cache images
  • browser unsupported message
  • Increment local and global count on client when save is called   --> gives feedback
  • Do not allow unreasonable weight or rep values or modifier

No comments:

Post a Comment