Sunday, March 27, 2011

1.1c is out

So, I did not get a chance to do any coding until the weekend because I started a new job (where I have to wear pants I might add).   But,  we hammered on it in the gym and I re-prioritized some of the feedback I have been getting.   Here is what made it in.


BTW:  the URL bar dropping down everytime I clicked on a button worked me into a frothing, homicidal frenzy when entering my data from the gym.  This is an issue with the JQM framework, but I discovered a cumbersome workaround which took me 2-3 hrs to scrub the code and implement.   You gotta love working with Alpha frameworks.

Based on feedback I received, it was not intuitive that one clicked on the modifiers to add them.  People also wanted the ability to subtract instead of clearing them all.   I changed the color of the count bubble when a modifier has been selected.  I also put in a  "-" option on the right hand side to subtract.

The expectation has always been there to show descending days (most recent first), but to display the exercises in the order in which they were done.   Interesting, I learned that GAE does not guarantee monotonic ordering of ids so my sort was not working always.  I did a little reworking to sort them correctly.  Unfortunately,  entries that occurred in the past will remain out of order,  but moving forward should appear correctly.



As always,  feedback is welcome.   I had a discussion with Shane Church who has been a great feedback source,  and he seems to think the ability to output your entries to Twitter and Facebook would be a feature that should be worked on soon.   As always, I want the cool algorithmic analysis and this has to be counterbalanced with the novelty of social media.   I activated a Twitter account (@tfannon1000) to test this out.

One final thing that wound up taking 3 hrs.  I recalculated all the PRs in the system based on the fact that drop sets were getting incorrectly saved as PRs.   This brings me to a point about PRs.  In the beginning, everything you put in the system is a PR.  That is why it shows up red.  As you start giving the system more data,  the PRs will more accurately represent your true progress.   One thing I am contemplating, as I mentioned earlier, is the ability for the user to customize what permutations make a PR.

Some of the filtering coming out next release or two will help pair down the data.

BTW:  there is a new button in the Show Training Options so you can see your lifts at the same time as your favorites.   Not so sure about the high-contrast yellow, but I hope you find it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment